Tips to Help Employers Minimize Potential Liabilities
Topics covered will include:
- Registration with WCB
- Assessment Fees
- Compensation claims – reporting and managing
- OH&S Incident Investigations
- Prevention / OH&S – Due Diligence
- Formal OH&S Programs
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees
- Ergonomics / MSI Prevention
- Bully & Harassment Prevention (Respectful Workplaces)
- Other topics identified in Q&A session
Glenn Barned is a Professional Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Consultant with RGB Enterprises. With over 30 years of experience in OH&S, Glenn has worked with both public and private sectors, achieving their OH&S goals.
Glenn is an instructor with the WorkSafe programs through Trades & Technologies at Camosun College, as well as a past instructor for the Business School for the HR Degree Program where he has developed and delivered a 3rd year course in Health Safety &Wellness. Glenn has also instructed for the University of Victoria in Risk Management and for a variety of NGOs and various clients in most industries.
Glenn is a Chartered Professional Human Resources, a Certified Health & Safety Consultant, a Canadian Registered Safety Professional, and a Certified Ergonomic Specialist.